Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Italy vs. Germany...a commenatary

Well I was glad Italy pulled it off. Their defensive performance was superb as the Germans had few chances. That's to say the Italian D did it without Nesta. Cannavaro is my age as well. I realize Totti took four too many dives, but I have much respect for the play of Gattuso. I love watching him sprint the field for the full 90 with AC Milan.

Now concerning the world cup, since I've played a bit of soccer my family and friends (who don't care about soccer) often ask me interesting questions. I had a cousin on saturday ask me why the scoring is so low. He thinks that's why there is not much interest in America for the game. He would prefer another goal to be placed above and behind where the original goal is and let that one count for three points, much like a field goal. Americans can't seem to enjoy a game, like the one today, where two teams are on the brink of scoring for 2 hours and don't until the very end. I felt like the game today was one of the best so far and I'm glad it did not go to penalty kicks. As Americans, we want instant gratification, or at least to have it more often than every 2 hours. But this is one time (of many) where the rest of the world has it right and we should learn something new. Congrats to Italy.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger jmathe said...

Cannavaro is your age, too? See! I knew you were 29.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home