Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Misc

Cool news article on restaurants in Addis Ababa.

New York Times review of restaurants in Addis




Also, please pray for Abrahat. I saw her in December and she was complaining of hunger. She was too weak to go get food and no one would help her. She since has spent two months in the hospital because of a heart condition and bad adherence to her medications. She was released today and we went to visit her.

She looked really bad today with signs of dementia and was more emaciated. She reminded me of Yenenesh before she died. It was a hard visit and I read John 6:35,40 to her. After reading, I said a few words but in light of the situation I was somewhat speechless. There is such injustice and pain. I asked if she prayed to Jesus and she said she prayed to the Savior of the World. Alemu said this includes a lot more than Jesus. She is Orthodox.

On a brighter note, we then went to visit Elsa and she looked much better. She had music on, so I shook my shoulders and danced and she laughed. She praises God for her recovery. However, she is also Orthodox, so I don't know what she means by God. Before, she could not even walk because of a burning sensation in her feet, which is a side effect from ARVs. She went to the church today and put a certain kind of soil along with holy water on her feet and thinks that helped heal her.

Pray for Abrahat's soul as she feels death is near. Praise God for Elsa's recovery. Ask for both to be able to understand and accept the true Gospel of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home