Friday, June 22, 2007

Plunk June 07 Update

Dear Supporters,

Video of Addis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3pz_rIl66M

Video of Project. This can also be viewed on the MTW website.
www.ethiopia.15four.com


June has been a crazy month. My sister’s wedding went well, and I am still trying to get used to her being married! But I am very happy for her. I also attended many meetings at General Assembly and got to see many friends.

Unfortunately, I did not make it to Chattanooga, but did go to St. Louis to visit Covenant Seminary. This was a very productive visit as my parents got to see the campus and a lot of questions were answered.

I have decided to accept my seminary scholarship for next spring and start graduate school in January of 2008 in the Masters of Divinity program. This means I will be returning from the field this December. It really seems like my time in Ethiopia has been life changing and invaluable ministry experience to prepare me for future work as well as prepare me for my studies. Finishing my education is important to me, and I feel God has shown me the time in which to come back and do that. I am very thankful for being able to work on the mission field as well as get ministry experience. I look forward to five more months of service.

MTW and I will be in touch with you in the upcoming months about my support. As for now, I still need your financial and prayer support. Thanks for allowing me to have this opportunity to grow and learn.

Prayer Requests

1. Thanksgiving for time with family and the ability to attend my sister’s wedding.
2. Thanksgiving for such a great visit to St. Louis and for all the details to work out for attendance.
3. Pray for readjustment back into Ethiopian culture as it is rainy season and many of my friends are leaving soon. I fly back to Africa on Sunday the 24th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home