Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Plunk November 07 Update (last one)

Dear Supporters,

It is weird that a year is near its end and that I am home. It is good to be back and see people, but I also miss those in Ethiopia.

I have learned a lot about others and myself through working in such a different environment. It is difficult to know how to steward this experience, and I trust it will take a life time. I feel the next step for me in my journey is seminary. So, I will be going back to school in January. I have appreciated this experience, and am excited to finish my education and see what God has for me long term.

The Lord has enabled me through your support to spiritually counsel many, lead many men through the book of Mark, and hopefully plant spiritual seeds. With spiritual ministry, it is difficult to measure impact. Trust has to be given that even though some seeds were seen to grow, others will soon come to fruition eventually. This has been a big struggle for me while ministering in a medical project, but I trust the Lord to call those he predestined.

My co-worker, Alemu, reminded us of that at my last staff meeting. He said the fruits of my labor won't be seen now, but we have faith in the power of the word that some of these people will be in heaven.

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support throughout the last year. Please feel free to email or call me to catch up.

Prayer Request
1. For transition both culturally and practically with moving to St. Louis.
2. Details like a job for next spring and health insurance while taking classes.
3. Thanksgiving for eventless travel home.
4. For the continued efforts of the project, and for spiritual seeds to come to fruition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home